How to Activate / Enable Facebook Timeline
Facebook recently launched Facebook Timeline, a new feature that pimps up your Facebook Profile page (MySpace-like) :D.
I have yet to check how it works but the new change focuses more on media (photos, video).
The Facebook Timeline will be released on September 29, 2011 and if you visit the Timeline website, all you can do is tojust wait for the update by signing up.
But if you can’t wait for the official release you can follow these steps to Activate / Enable Facebook Timeline on your profile:
- Go to Facebook Developers page https://developers.facebook.com/apps (Allow/Grant access if you have not yet enabled this app)
- Create New App
- Enter App Display Name & Enter App Namespace (Enter a unique namespace if you are prompted with a ‘Failed’ message). Click on Continue
After your app has been created, you wil see the Open Graph link on the left menu bar, click on this link
You will be redirected to your new app’s profile
- You can just skip this by clicking on ‘Save Changes and Next’ button and ‘Save and Finish’
By this time your Timeline should now be ready.
- Open your Facebook Profile in a new tab
You should see the Timeline prompt on the top of your page
- To enable / activate your Facebook Timeline, click Get It Now
That’s It! You should now see your Facebook Timeline.
On first impressions, the Facebook Timeline looks pretty cool, but just like with the usual updates and changes of Facebook, the main concern would be on the user’s privacy or pretty much on how much information or data you’re sharing with other people especially those outside your connections.