George St Pierre successfully defends his UFC Welterweight belt against challenger Josh Koscheck at the UFC 124 held at the Bell Centre in Montreal Quebec, December 11, 2010.
Below is a round by round coverage of the main event, George St Pierre vs Josh Koscheck.
- GSP landing much of his jabs
- GSP successfully taking down koscheck although koscheck was able to defend himself twice and took down St Pierre during the remaining 15 seconds of the round
- Koscheck’s eyes start to swell because of gsp’s jabs
- Koscheck now a bit hesitant coming inside because of the jabs
- GSP continues to land the jabs and lands some nice straights
- GSP avoids Koscheck’s right hand by blocking it with his left hand
- Koscheck relying on that swinging right hand
- Koscheck lands some uppercut
- Koscheck’s eye is pretty swollen
- Koscheck puts pressure to gsp early
- GSP still engaging in a stand in
- GSP continues to punish Koscheck with jabs and some leg kick
- Doctor checks at Josh Koscheck’s eye before the start of the round
- Big takedown by GSP
- Koscheck was able to defend himself and was able to hold on gsp’s leg and tried a leg lock
- GSP continues with the jabs and straight
- Koscheck is purely relying on landin a lucky punch with his swinging right
- GSP continues with the stand in
- Koscheck trying to take st pierre down
- GSP continues with the jabs and inner leg kicks
- Koscheck tries to take down gsp again but unsuccessful
- Koscheck swinging that big right from time to time, clearly unable to execute his gameplan and relying on that right
- Koscheck’s left eye starts to bleed
- GSP tookdown Koscheck twice
All GSP! Congratulations GSP!
I really admire GSP, approaching and shaking hands with Koscheck twice after the fight. He even mentioned that Koscheck was doing the trash talk and bullying for the promotion and to hype up the fans. Koscheck also acknowledged GSP’s skills.
For more on UFC 124 results, click the links below