How to go to McKinley Hill in Taguig
McKinley Hill is a development project of Megaworld located south of Bonifacio Global City. It houses residential condos, commercial establishments and office buildings, mostly IT and BPO. Some of the places you can find at McKinley are the Venice Piazza Mall and The Blue Leaf Events Pavillion.
Although McKinley Hill is just 5 to 10 minutes away from Makati CBD, public commuting is such a hassle. Below are some ways on how to get to McKinley Hill by public transport.
A) Via CitiLink Bus at Magallanes
1) There is a CitiLink bus queue at the San Lorenzo Place beside MRT Magallanes station from early mornings to 11 am (see map below). In the afternoon, the buses loads passengers at the Alphaland Southgate Mall, at the opposite side. These buses will get you directly to McKinley hill. Fare is Php 12.00
B) Via Jeepney from Magallanes
1) Ride a jeepney with the route FTI-Taguig and tell the driver to drop you at the Gate 3 of Fort Bonifacio. This route will pass by Pasong Tamo extension and make sure to get off after passing by the wet market (at the right side), just before the jeepney turn right at the Lawton Avenue going to FTI-Taguig. This is a busy intersection and easy to notice. (see map below)
2) There is a jeepney station at the opposite side. Ride the jeepney with the route Guadalupe and tell the driver to drop you at McKinley Hill. This route will pass by the Marines, Navy and PNP South headquarters (Lawton/5th Avenue) and will turn right at the Army Wellness Center/Gymnasium (Bayani Road). The jeep will then take a U-Turn at the Libingan ng mga Bayani going back to Lawton/5th avenue. Be prepared to get off the jeepney after it turn right again at the Lawton/5th Avenue. Next to the Army Grandstand and Army offices is the McKinley Hill gate (at the right side).
C) Via Jeepney / Bus at the Ayala MRT Station
1A) Just meters away from the MRT Ayala Station, along McKinley road (northbound) is the Fort Bus station (see map below). These buses will take you to Fort Bonifacio/ Bonifacio Global City but will “NOT” take you to McKinley Hill directly. You can ride the bus but make sure to tell the driver that you are going to McKinley Hill. This route will pass by Barangay Forbes Park, Manila Polo Club, etc. Make sure to alight the bus just before it pass across the McKinley Road and Lawton Intersection (see map)
- or -
1B) At the back of the Shell Gasoline Station, meters away from the MRT Ayala Station is a jeepney terminal going to Fort / Market-Market. Same with the above, this will “NOT” take you straight to McKinley Hill. You can ride the jeepney but just make sure to tell the driver that you are going to McKinley Hill. Make sure to alight the jeep just before it traverse the McKinley Road and Lawton Intersection (see map)
2) Wait for jeepneys going to Gate 3. Take this jeepney and make sure to tell the driver that you are going to McKinley Hill. This route will pass by the Essensa towers and Manila American Cemetery and Memorial (at the left side). After passing by the Manila American Cemetery you will find the Mc Kinley Hill gate.
- If you the have money
1) You can always ride the TAXI
There are also other routes that you can take going to McKinley hill. You can find jeepneys that passes by McKinley Hill at the Guadalupe MRT Station and Market-Market if you are coming from that location. Cheers!
Below is the vicinity map. I have tagged the landmarks (ones in red balloon). Just click on the balloon or click anywhere inside to play with the map.
UPDATED: May 11,2011
The Citylink Bus from McKinley to Ayala/EDSA is until 10PM only but there are vans from McKinley to Ayala/EDSA until 2AM. (Starts at 4PM)
There are also vans from McKinley Hill to MOA/Baclaran at 6PM, 6:45PM and 7:30PM
Citylink Bus from McKinley to Eastwood is at 6PM and 6:30PM
I think there are also plans to include vans with McKinley-Antipolo and McKinley-Pasig routes.
One way fare is at Php20 but you can buy 10 tickets for only Php 150.
CityLink Telephone Number: 919-0837